Hobbiton Movie Set Tour

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

This week my head is in The Hobbit, Hobbiton and hobbits in general!

On Saturday we went to Matamata for a tour of the Hobbiton Movie Set, set of The Lord of the Rings movies and The Hobbit - An Unexpected Journey movie. What a fantastic experience.

We decided to visit before the weather gets more unpredictable... in fact, I think we chose the hottest day of summer!

I can't really describe the feeling of the first sight of a hobbit house, standing at Bag End and having a drink in The Green Dragon.  A magic day.

Click for enlarged view

We took 2 cameras so between Anna and I we have 100's of photos! Editing for Project Life album has been hard work, but I love problems like that!  Here's a collage to go in one of the insert pages.  I'm just getting photos printed and will be back to share soon.  It's going to be photo heavy and I hope it turns out as I planned.

For us all it was great to see the set of movies we've enjoyed, and for my son, great to see and hear from the tour guide a lot of information about the making of the Hobbit movie, since he has special interest in film making.

Shame the movie didn't win any Oscars yesterday! So many great movies in the nominations though.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)