1. First, I decided to make 2 full pages + inserts. These memories deserve it! I chose 8.5 x 11 inserts because that size accommodated the official brochure which included the cool illustrated map of the site.
I decided to go with a WR Memory Keepers page protector which has divided pockets as well. (Then made little numbered tabs similar to these, so they don't get flicked past by the viewer.)
I also decided to work on a rough chronological order of events- my brain works like that!
Those two decisions dictated how many spaces I had for photos etc. Next hardest part was choosing what to include and what to leave out.
2. To keep continuity with the rest of my album, I included some of the usual elements:
- A circle on the leading photo which I used for the date in lieu of the week number
- A white border on the next photo - just to give some breathing space
- A mix of collages and full size photos - love using collages because they allow you to fit so many more images in
3. Other considerations:
- Memorabilia - the ticket, the brochure, a Hobbit movie stamp I purchased last December then kept it because it was too cool to post
- I decided to let the photos tell the story, so little journaling. Also, the brochure has lots of the story on it
- I used quotes from The Hobbit - words I love
- Tricky to balance the colours with the very bright yellow of the ticket, but I found a location map online which worked with it and changed the colour of The Story card to yellow.
I used my OLW 'simplicity' to try and keep the process easy and here we are a few days later - photos ordered online, delivered and assembled!