Project Life - Week 31

Saturday, August 10, 2013

One of the things I love about preparing each week of PL is choosing the colour scheme.  Ususally the photos will dictate this to a degree, but even so, there's always ways to maximise a layout by combining colours and of course elements.
(click photos for enlarged view)
I love the end result to look clean and simple, but sometimes the process is far from simple.  I spend ages thinking it all through, and usually subtracting to achieve this.

This week, my favourite colours came through - green and bluey green.
 I was inspired by a rug design and altered a Midnight Edition card digitally to make the b & w card above.  The top card "Taking it one day at a time" uses an Ali Edwards element from Hello Story and there's journaling on the reverse about an action plan we're working through with a professional for our son who's been diagnosed with ASD.
 From the sessions we're working through, I found this quote which summarises what I need to do. It has a lot of meaning right now as we navigate our way through this.

This was one of my first Instagram photos of Shelby's fresh prints.  Saw these words on Pinterest and loved them with this photo.

2 comments:

  1. I love this layout of yours. Love how the heart and the "s match. Also loving your round week numbers more and more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Caylee. That means a lot coming from you:)

      Delete

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)