Hello Story photo book

Thursday, November 14, 2013

At last I managed to find the inspiration to finish the last couple of pages I wanted for this book...only because they were pages a bit off topic... a letter to each of my children which I wanted to do just to round off my thoughts.

Hello Story was an eclass by Ali Edwards through Big Picture Classes over 12 weeks between July and September.  I've long been a fan of Ali Edwards work and I'm so grateful to have taken this class.

The timing for me was perfect.  I'd had this idea to make a photo book of digital layouts... an editorial style of layout rather than traditional digital scrapbook style. It was also an opportunity to get some things out of my head and onto paper.  That felt good.

It also felt SO good to see my idea for this photo book become a reality.

There was so much to work with in this class.  Ali provided so much inspiration.  There were multiple ways to address each week's task.  I found I had to get an idea and go with it.  But of course, there's so much more I could have done and I want to go back and work on more ideas.  Maybe another book?

Here's my book cover to cover.  I'll list credits at the end including a link to previous posts which show some pages in a larger format.
Cover elements from Paislee Press "From where I stand" 
Although I listed the week's topics in the introduction page, I mixed the layouts up in the final book layout to an order which felt right.
elements by Paislee Press and 'my life' by Ali Edwards (part of class)
elements by Ali Edwards (part of class) and Paislee Press

Adventure element by Paislee press
elements by Paislee Press and One Little Bird

elements by Paislee Press

Maths symbols by Ali Edwards (part of class)

elements by Paislee Press and One Little Bird
Refer previous post here

elements by Ali Edwards (class) and One Little Bird
Refer previous post here
element by Paislee Press
elements by Ali Edwards (part of class), One Little Bird & Paislee Press
More about our Hobbiton day trip here

elements by Ali Edwards (class), and One Little Bird
Refer previous post here


elements by Ali Edwards (class)
Refer previous post here

element on the right by One Little Bird
elements by Ali Edwards (class) and Paislee Press
Refer previous post here
elements by Ali Edwards (class) and Paislee Press
elements by Ali Edwards (class) and Paislee Press
I have no idea why this page looks crumpled in the photo because in reality it's not!
elements by Ali Edwards (class)


Link to all my Hello Story posts here.

I went with an A4 (8x11 inch) Hardcover portrait photo book from Snapfish. and added extra pages. They had a 60% discount special so it was a big incentive for finishing quickly!

Other links to digital supplies used:
Elements by Ali Edwards which are similar to the class freebies can be found at Designer Digitals
Paislee Press shop
One Little Bird shop

Link to my other photo books here.

Can't wait to get started on another project now!
Thanks for stopping by:)

2 comments:

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)