My One Little Word for 2014

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Christmas arrived and passed really quickly.  It was part really good and part hard work. Now we're home from our little trip away to family and I'm ready to move on to 2014.

I've signed up again for Ali Edward's One Little Word.  Last year my word was simplicity and I love the way it shaped my outlook and organisation; my project life album, my wardrobe.  It's a word I know belongs with me and will continue to shape me.

This year I've chosen moment.  It wasn't the word I'd had in mind for months, however a few weeks ago my husband read something from the internet that Sandra Bullock had said and it was something like... we need to forget about yesterday, stop stressing about tomorrow and really live in the present moment.  It was one of those moments (ha!) of deja vu where I realized I'd read something similar just days before and it resonated with me. It's something I find difficult and want to work on.

There's so much to explore with this word...
Live in the moment
Seize the moment
Capture the moment
Spur of the moment
and so on.

So excited to work on this each month.  This year I'll try and post more about my relationship with moment.  I also want to include a bit in my Project Life album - maybe weekly, maybe monthly.

I'm just waiting to receive my final photo order to finish off my 2013 PL album and can't wait to start on 2014.  I've decided to retain a similar format and philosophy as 2013 after thinking, maybe over-thinking through options.

Happy New Year to everyone and may 2014 be awesome!

2 comments:

  1. Great choice on your word - I think we could all live in the moment a little more. Looking forward to seeing which "moments" you choose to document in 2014! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic word. I can't wait to see what you do with it.

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)