OLW intentions

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

This week I've spent some time brainstorming about my intentions for my choice of word this year - moment.  Originally I chose this word so I'd focus on today instead of worrying about yesterday and tomorrow... as I described here.

After some research I found so many relative quotes which also led me in other directions I'd like to explore and eventually narrowed my word down to 4 areas:
live in the moment
take a moment
capture the moment
seize the moment

I can see that some things I've listed under each of these intentions will overlap and that's cool.  I think I might focus on one of these each week (therefore rotating each month), but if another crops up, I'm happy to go with the flow.  Whatever comes my way, I'm happy.

Not so happy that I woke up at 3.21am this morning with this on my mind though.  I couldn't get back to sleep, so spent some time lying there brainstorming how I'd record all of this!  

Long answer short, not 100% decided, but I think I'll use this blog a bit to keep myself accountable and to share with other OLWers.  I think I may also record extra in my OLW album in hybrid style, a little as part of project life and who knows, there may be a photo book sometime too.

 I'd love to hear what your word is.



1 comment:

  1. That quote is beautiful, and I love your word. I also think it fits in with my word a bit. In order for me to live deliberately this year, I am going to have to focus on the moment. It also fits in with the whole idea of memory keeping. Realising the value of a moment, and making the effort to remember it. It reminds me of Bob Dylan lyrics: "Take care of all your memories for you cannot relive them". Same for memories.

    I'm excited to see where our words take us.

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)