Project Life Weeks 3 & 4

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Finally got my photo order.  I prefer to order online rather than get a photo printer at home, but seriously... they are sometimes sooo slow and then I'm sometimes not so happy with the prints.  Like today.  All my 6 x 4s are matt and I ordered glossy, but I'm rolling with them.  They took a week to have processed!

Okay, so Week 3 was the week before our holiday and the weather was best described as variable! Considering it's mid summer and all!   I decided to go with just beach photos and journaling about what living by the beach and my daily walks means to me.

You can click on photos for larger view.

Design A and H
How it looks in album with Week 4 photo behind.
Week 4 we went on holiday to Pauanui in the Coromandel.  From one beach to another!  We arrived as the weather was downgraded from a Tropical Cyclone that hit the Pacific Islands to a tropical low here.  It was wild and windy the first day and variable after that but we had an amazing time.

As usual I took a heap of photos, both on my DSLR and iPhone.  Problem was what to use in my pages so I decided on 3 sets of pages:
This simply captured the beach on a windy day, on an awesome day and the bach we hired.  (In NZ, a bach is what we call a beach house).

I created an 8x8 collage to place on the back side of the 12x12 photo.  These are just moments and photos which remind us of good times and were better grouped than singular.

Last pages and a simple summary of moments to remember.

I can't believe we've been home a week already.  I just want to go back to the pace of life there. Meanwhile back here, it's been not such a great week - my oven went BANG and is now very dead!  My son's laptop needs major surgery, the dog has to have an op on a lump on her leg on Friday and so it goes on...

Will be back soon with week 5 to share.

Supplies used:
Becky Higgins Project Life Page Protectors
Becky Higgins Midnight Edition digital cards
Paislee Press digital supplies
Ali Edwards digital word stamps
One Little Bird digital elements used for tag

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely adore your 8x8 collage. I have a bunch of 12x12" sleeves that came with the albums, so I think I could fill a few this way. Love how you used the yellow in the flowers for your colour schemes. You are so great at that.

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)