Project Life - Holiday pages - Part 1

Friday, May 16, 2014

Over weeks 17 and 18 we spent a week at the Gold Coast in Australia... an awesome week! In lieu of weekly pages for these weeks, I decided to do a series of pages of our holiday.  Of the hundreds of photos we took between us, I finally narrowed it down to enough to fill 3 sets of pages and decided that I'll make a more comprehensive photo book later.

Ah, but what to cover in those pages? When I thought about how I'd summarise our holiday, it came down to our visits to the theme parks, favourite photos of us and out and about, and the awesome view from our hotel room. After that, it was relatively easy - I selected the best photos to fill the spaces and represent our memories of those things.

As always, for me the photos need to take centre stage. I love digital elements but also I love clean and simple, so it's always a matter of balance.  Add, subtract, add, subtract until I get the right feeling about it.
For the first set of pages I went with 9 pocket pages and focused on a few favourite photos to sum up the general feeling of the place, us, and out around the hotel in Surfer's Paradise.

I purchased a couple of new kits from Paislee Press which worked perfectly to add enough colour and elements.

Our apartment was waaay up in that tower - 41st floor! I'll post soon with my pages devoted to the superb views.
Supplies used:
We R Memory Keepers 8.5 x 11 pages
Paislee Press digital kits - Sunny days and Say yes to
Ali Edwards digital elements - Leaving on a jet plane

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)