My quest to capture the magic of winter - 1

Thursday, June 12, 2014


It's a hard gig to capture the moment sometimes. Like today. I had my camera in one hand, delicately poised to try and photograph the waves hitting the walkway. The other hand was holding the dog lead because one woosie dog was scared of the waves and trying to run away. Argh, a moment lost.

You see, today I woke up with an urgency to go out and take photos. I could see the light peeping through a partly cloudy sky over the sea while I was driving and I was anxious I would miss it. Turns out the light was nice, but not great as it sometimes is. Still pretty awesome for winter though!

Backing up to early this morning, two things happened. I saw that this online camera course was open for purchasing again, and then as I was scrolling through my Instagram feed, I came across something that had me clicking through to their blog for a full read. This struck a chord with me:

“It’s not always about those big ol’ grandiose trips or constantly living by the seat of my pants. There are so many places around my own home that I want to explore. Some of the people I admire most are the ones that find adventure right outside their door. It’s something that I’ve been trying to learn – a life that is fulfilling is all about having simplicity and finding beauty in those things.” CHRIS BURKARD


That just links in beautifully with my OLW thoughts and words - moment (this year) and simplicity (last year). 
I've been researching living in the moment and one of the things listed is to really take notice of the little things around you. That's one of the reasons I decided to set my winter magic photography project.
On days like today, a photo taken could easily look like any season. The sun is bright and warm - sharp contrast to the nasty storm we had on Tuesday. So, my challenge continues. Hope you enjoy a few faves from this morning's walk.






2 comments:

  1. Hi Donna! Beautiful photos! ♥ Thank you for sharing ♥
    I'd like to go out often and take photos, but it's difficult to have enough time. Here (Spain) sommer is coming ;-) Sometimes we travel far away searching places to photograph but we don't notice of the little and beautiful things around us. Thanks to Project Life I've learnt to appreciate and enjoy the little things ;-) Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cristina. Yes, PL has also made me appreciate the little things, plus my own 'back yard' more.

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)