Project Life - Week 22

Thursday, June 5, 2014

Okay, so I skipped week 21 - well sort of. I dedicated all of it to my daughter's birthday photos and her at 15 years. I showed part of it on Instagram but haven't put the full pages on here as there are photos of her friends etc.

So moving along to week 22...actually the last few weeks have been tough, some days really tough. My son is going through hard times and at times I feel completely unqualified to deal with the situation. There is no instruction manual. We rely on professionals for counselling, therapy and advice but there's not much support out there for parents of ASD teens. Anyways, the "Life is unpredictable" card was perfect to add some personal thoughts on the reverse.

In some ways though, this situation makes me focus on the good more and appreciate the happy times more. We try to get out and do things that make us happy and in fact, I'm writing a post about seeking my purpose in life. Sounds a bit heavy huh? Well something our psychologist said to our son sparked something in me.  More about that sometime soon. I have a few posts half written but this week, my heart is elsewhere, so they may or may not be finished soon.
One of the reasons I love this size PL is that it looks more like a book to me. I enjoy a few more scrapbook style layouts. I could almost be tempted to use actual embellishments! But no, I do like the digital simplicity.

You may laugh, but I had a dream about an ampersand! Actually way different to this, so it may end up on another layout! However the page came together quickly and I used a digital wooden ampersand from One Little Bird... plus my script. (yes I'll post about my script soon as requested:))

So that's week 22 - a few select photos that just sum up a yoyo of a week.

Supplies used:
WRMK pages
Becky Higgins Project Life Sunshine Edition journaling cards
Paislee Press digital supplies
One Little Bird digital element
See you soon:)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)