My OLW journey goes full circle

Thursday, August 14, 2014


Today I saw this sentence written online somewhere and it was one of those moments of serendipity.

Today I feel like the universe is aligning some of my thoughts and some dots are starting to connect.

Today I started making sense of my incessant desire to capture the moment, collect the story and create the memory.

If you've followed my blog you'll know that my One Little Word for this year is moment. It's not lost on me that my research on this word has lead me to where I want to be right now. That's obviously the universe at work. I've been on a journey which has taken me full circle, only now I have more clarity.

I've learnt 2 things along the way:
  1. It's important for me to capture the moment, whether it's a photo, a story or a memory... or all three.
  2. That part of living in the moment is to take notice of the little things around me - really notice and be thankful for them.
Of course, No 1 I was physically doing anyway but No 2 is part of a longer journey and that has helped me become more enthusiastic and more intentional about my photography and what I capture.
I'm not entirely sure where I'm heading with this, but I'm enjoying the journey. In fact, I'm planning to start a new blog with a more meaningful name. This blog was started years ago when I was planning it to head in an interior design direction. Yes, that's part of my background and still a passion but my biggest passion is photos + story. And maybe that design influence thrown in for good measure!

Interesting fact - when I look at physical magazines purchased by me, close to 100% are interior related. Maybe the universe is trying to tell me something else?

Today I've made a list of things to share with you now that the vision is a little clearer. But first, I must work on some real life stuff and then develop some content to share. See you soon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)