Project Life | Aug pages

Friday, August 22, 2014


When I was deciding how to pull these pages together, I opened a bunch of photos taken in August so far and then decided to select a special weekend + week 33 to sit side by side. They pretty much represent what's been happening here lately.

I'd selected the left page photos and decided roughly how to place them, but waited until week 33 was over so I could design them together because for me they have to look visually cohesive beside each other. A couple of photos looked better in black and white but the pages still felt a little flat. Enter the green cards from the Sunshine kit as a complimentary colour to the pinkish tones and bam! I'm a bit biased towards green though as it's my fav colour but I love how this turned out.




Today I've been so excited to see phase 1 of Ali Edwards.com re-launch. She is my all time favourite memory keeper and mentor. I love her new tag line craft the story. Perfect. As I watched her introductory video a few days ago for the second time, Ian was watching and listening from his desk across the room. When it finished he said 'now I see why you identify with her so much. That could have been you talking'. I know what he meant (and I took that as the greatest compliment!). He knows I am passionate about photos + the story. He gets it:)

Last year I took her class Hello Story and I'm on my second year of One Little Word which has had a huge impact on my life. Looking forward to seeing what unfolds from here on and also finding page ideas already flowing for me!

Supplies used for these pages:
Becky Higgins Project Life pages - Design A and F
Becky Higgins Project Life Sunshine Edition
Becky Higgins Project Life Midnight Edition
One Little Bird digital elements
Paislee Press digital elements
Pink Ronnie photo/quote free printable download (right page - beautiful photo at bottom)

Thanks for stopping by.
Donna xx

2 comments:

  1. I love this layout! It's gorgeous and everything looks like it belongs so well. (: I think that's my challenge- having the eye to see what looks best in my layouts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mika. It sometimes takes me ages of fiddling for it to look right visually to me. Just keep trusting your instinct:)

      Delete

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)