Project Life | A Photo Story

Friday, October 24, 2014


A few weeks ago I realised I was really missing having a specific photography project to focus on. As if I don't have enough projects I'm already working on...! It struck me that during the 3 winter months I was concentrating on #donnaswintermagicproject I learned a few very valuable things. One being that looking for a little magic in my everyday made me really appreciate the beauty and joy in the simple things around me, and the other... that I just love capturing that magic! It doesn't take much to make me happy.

And so, one day as I was about to get into the shower, two things popped into my head, one after the other! Firstly, I don't mean to sound weird but I did work out that the shower significance is due to the fact that I've usually just been for a walk and usually that means I've walked along the beach, breathing in the sea air and listening to the waves. While that's good for the soul, it also releases good thoughts from my brain! That's a win.

One of those thoughts was for a photo project (and the other was about OLW for 2015). I realised that our beloved Shelby has so many Shelby-isms as we like to call them and they need to be recorded in some way. So I grabbed my DSLR and phone and pestered her for hours! She isn't quite as bad as 2 teens when they've had enough of the camera in their faces, but she's getting wary of it.

After what turned out to be 24 hours I decided that to really capture those things I'd need to video her. What I did get though, was this collection of photos that tell a story over a specific time frame and then I added our list of the things that make her...her. A simple example of photos + words.

I used a 12x12 template by Paislee Press to organise the right side.


Supplies used:
Becky Higgins Project Life Pages A and 12x12 and Midnight Edition Filler cards
Ali Edwards Design digital stamps
Paislee Press Digital Template (right side)



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)