2015 | New plans for my Project Life

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Yesterday I could finally reveal a secret I've been keeping. I can't believe how one email from Becky Higgins sent me on such a range of emotions within a few minutes. I'm very honoured and totally excited to be part of the Project Life Creative Team for 2015!

I'd just printed out this filler card from the Dazzle kit. Believe in the power of words!
Over December I've spent some time thinking about how I want to move forward in 2015 and how I want to record our memories. For a short time, I was almost going to go totally digital. But almost as soon as that idea formed, I started on my version of December Daily in photo book form. From about 10 days in, I knew that I was already missing having a tangible album and actual photos. I'm not sure I have the patience to wait for a year long (or even 6 month) photo book.

So what that means is I've changed my mind again (!) and decided to go with the best of all systems.

  • A 12x12 Project Life album for weekly/monthly spreads. 
  • A 6x8 album - a continuation of my Studio Calico class 30 Days of Me. I didn't complete this album and there's still lots of room left to add in some more personal pages. I plan to include some OLW work in this one.
  • An 8.25x11 Photo Book for digital stories. I've started writing down things about my children which I'd like preserved in some way. 
I was talking with my daughter last night and we had the same feeling about this time of year - the days between Christmas and New Year and how it feels like a void or lost time. I think of that in a good way. It's holiday time. A chance to finish Project Life pages for this year. Time to finish and order my December Daily Photo Book. Time to reflect. Time to make plans for 2015. 

Tomorrow's a New Year. Happy New Year to you all and may it be a year of learning, growing and wonderful things happening!

I'll see you on the other side:)

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations on making the team!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! and Happy New Year!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited for you. Somewhere about a year or so I found your blog and your style of scrapbooking, in particular digital work, and come back regularly. I even said to myself, she needs to be a BH PL Creative Team Member - and yeah! it happened. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for being a regular visitor and your lovely words Susan. means a lot to me:)

      Delete
  4. Congratulations Donna. So good to see our part of the world represented.

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)