OLW 2015 | The way I see things

Wednesday, February 11, 2015


Today I realised that this weekend we'll be halfway through February! It seems this year is galloping by and I've felt a bit anxious about that. I have so many things I want to do. One Little Word being one of them. I felt I'd neglected it in January because with it being mid summer in NZ, I was focused on holidays and spending some quality family time.

Today I went for a long walk in a different direction. My children are back at school and suddenly I feel like the light in my head switched on a bit brighter. I mean that in a good way. What I realised is, that I did exactly what I should have done. I was focused on family in January. That is precious time. When I think about it, my OLW has been working it's magic even when I thought I was neglecting it. I had scribbled down answers to the January prompt and I had made Intentions for the year in my journal. They're just not filed nicely in an album yet. It wouldn't matter if that never gets done. The main thing is I'd planted the seeds and they were growing while I got on with what I felt was important.

My word is perspective. It is all about the way I see things. What I've just written above makes me realise I am seeing things in a better way.

I'm looking at my word in 3 different ways: creative, physical and emotional. 

Today's thoughts are a start on the emotional side. There are so many other aspects to this one.

The physical side will address my surroundings - making things visually appealing and stimulating. I have a list of interior projects to start on.

The creative one is of course the most exciting. I'm continuing my finding the magic in my everyday project and that has an impact on my Project Life album. I'm also working some other ideas which I'll share as they come to fruition.

I'll leave you with this thought.

"The most dangerous risk of all - the risk of spending your life not doing what you want on the bet you van buy yourself the freedom to do it later"

You can read my other posts on my word and last year's word which sort of links in here and here.
You can read about One Little Word (a class by Ali Edwards) here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)