OLW | A self-set selfie photography challenge

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Well, I felt like the dots were joining this month. I took on lots of projects, as I talked about in a previous post and I love that I can merge some parts of them.

For One Little Word this month, we were given a photography task. My word is perspective and one of my monthly actions is setting myself some sort of photography challenge, so because I'd already joined in with #MySelfieScrapbook for April, I decided to look at taking photos of me with a fresh new perspective. Mostly this involved using my iphone camera on the timer, but there are all sorts of ways at taking selfies.

My goal was to explore through photography, photographing myself in my surroundings. I've had so much fun. It's only mid month and I felt I had enough to complete my OLW pages but I want to carry on and extend my ideas and experimenting. Whenever I feel like my photography is getting better, I realise I'm such a novice and there is so far to go! But that's all good. Something to work on... the fun part!


As part of both OLW and The 100 Days Project, I'm working with quotes and words, so a handwritten quote on vellum was a natural inclusion to break up the photo pages.

I'm still to work on my actual selfies album. I'm not 100% sure how I'll approach that yet, except that it's going to be 6x8. More on that soon.

Products used:
Ali Edwards 8.5 x 11 photo template (part of class) which once filled with photos, I resized on a 6 x 8 page for printing.

Ali Edwards digital stamp - part of class

Becky Higgins Project Life 6x8 black album and page protectors

Thanks for stopping by,
Donna x

1 comment:

  1. Stumbled across your blog thru Instragram today so I'm spending a little time looking it over. Loving it by the way! I'm just learning PSE and cannot wait to create some scrappy goodness.

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)