Fridays | 3 | Checking my perspective

Friday, June 19, 2015


Not all Fri(days) go according to plan. I had grand plans for today but after a bit of confrontation this morning, I changed them. It seemed pointless to spoil my plans by being in an agitated mood.

I wasn't even surprised that N was grumpy. I wasn't surprised he was running late. In fact, I assumed it was a day he could go to school late and so was unprepared for the accusations that I made him late. It was also Shakespeare day for his year, which he has known about for days, but which I couldn't assist with because he is independent.

So I was also unprepared for "Mum, do you have a crown?" No. "Well, do you have a white sheet I can cut?" No. " How about white or green face paint?. No. Sorry, I seem to have misplaced my magic wand today. In the end, he changed his clothes and I dropped him off, running really late.

I was surprised I felt so agitated. I guess the life manual doesn't cover these situations and how to handle them correctly and I guess I also may have completely mishandled it.

On my morning walk, I decided I needed to get out of the house and sit in some different scenery for a while. So I decided to do a couple of errands and have lunch at the local mall.

There I ran into someone I haven't really talked to in a long while and as it turns out, his stepson also has ASD. After a bit of a discussion, it was nice to feel someone understood. So, as I drank my coffee, I felt so much more relaxed about things. These little situations shouldn't really rattle me as much. I'm not sure I'll ever feel I'm properly educated or equipped to handle them correctly. It's all a work in progress.

While this Friday didn't really work out as planned, it was a nice opportunity to stop and reflect. It was also an opportunity to address something I wrote down a few days ago. Something I think I was directed to by Ali Edwards. That June is the new January. I spent a little time reading over my OLW intentions set in January and rewrote them for June onward. Now it feels as if today has been really worthwhile and I'm on track.

Happy Friday to you:) Have a lovely weekend.

Edited: It is now after school. He is now sporting a drawn on mustache ala Shakespeare. Yep, no character, just THE Shakespeare. All is well:)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)