Project Life | May 2

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Sometimes the best memories come from the most random photos. While we were walking along I clicked several photos of my husband and daughter. I was shooting right into the sun but sometimes you have to go with what you can and hope for the best. If I'd waited to position myself in a better spot, I'd have missed an opportunity. It turns out that the photo is very over exposed but I love it even more because of that. For me it captures the movement, the mood and the relationship of two people I love, So, naturally, I went for a full page photo:) Well, a 9x12 because I wanted the following pages to peep out at the edge as they are birthday pages and related in time frame to these pages. I'm a bit weird like that!
So, the full page photo was in the album and at that stage I hadn't even considered what the other page would look like, which is the complete opposite to how I normally roll. I usually design a full spread at the once. It was actually really easy to pull the left page together, once I discovered the Kiwi Kit. Why hadn't I used this one before (especially as I am a 'kiwi')?! The colours and quotes and little bits of handwriting are gorgeous.
Another consideration was that my Day in the Life pages needed to sit within this layout, so I needed to use colours to help marry the bold turquoise and pinky red of the large umbrella photo. The 9x12 photo above also helped balance out the small grid photos which would sit opposite.
In the end, I love how this turned out. My biggest tip is to use coloured filler cards which help tie photos or pages together. Find a common colour to repeat or use complimentary colours for balance.

Products Used:
Becky Higgins Project Life Pages Design F (trimmed) and A, Midnight Edition, Kiwi Edition Kit, Sunshine Kit with a Mix and Match Overlay (oh my)-  in digital format

Stampin Up/Project Life Remember This Digital stamp on enlarged photo

(Details of Day in the Life pages here)

Project Life is a system for memory keeping by Becky Higgins. This year I'm part of her Creative Team. You can find out more about Project Life here.

Thanks for stopping by:)

2 comments:

  1. Love the idea of putting bigger photos into my album but have yet to do it. This looks great. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicki. I warn you, large photos are very addictive once you start!! If they're going in pocket pages, I edit them into 6x4 sizes before having printed which keeps the cost down.

      Delete

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)