I'm teaching at Big Picture Classes!

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Yes I am! Today I can tell you what I've been working away on behind the scenes. I'm so honoured to have been asked to put together this online + self paced class on Self Portraits at Big Picture Classes.

If you'd told me a year ago that I'd be writing a class about self portraits, self photography, selfies, or whatever you'd prefer to call it; I'd have laughed hysterically. I mean, I am shy and awkward when in front of the camera. I'm definitely most comfortable behind the lens. But, I realised that my memory keeping is all from my perspective. Although I record my family, essentially, I am the story teller and it's my life story, so I need to be in more of the photos.

In this class I talk more about my relationship with selfies and give you all my tips and tricks for taking more natural and flattering photos of yourself, while capturing your surroundings. You'll also learn how I've been exploring getting more interesting shots using perspective, mood and atmosphere. And of course, ideas for taking your photos and using them in all sorts of projects.

I discovered I love experimenting with photography this way. It's added so much more to my Project Life pages and other projects and I have so many more ideas floating around in my head. For now though, I plan to use what I've learned (and what you can learn from this class), and intend to make sure that my Week in the Life project starting 17 August will feature a much better quality and quantity of photos of me, the story teller!

I'd love to hear if you'd like to take my class. You can sign up for a free trial at Big Picture Classes before becoming a member for a monthly fee. There are SO MANY cool classes to take to either upskill or just have some fun.

Thanks for stopping by. I'll be back soon to share some more ideas which have developed since writing this class. I'm not sure of what's ahead for me but I have some really interesting and exciting ideas to work through:)

2 comments:

  1. This sounds exciting...I never take any photos of myself for my family scrapbooks so this would be really helpful. When does it start?

    Elise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elise. The class is available Aug 3rd and is self paced so you can start and work through any time from then:)

      Delete

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)