One Little Word 2016 | Getting started

Tuesday, January 5, 2016


This is the most exciting part of the year for me. The beginning, a fresh page and always so inspired. For me the New Year is always a holiday period and the weather outside is usually too darn hot, or raining, so perfect to get all my projects kicked off for the year.

The biggie for me for the last 4 years has been getting my One Little Word sorted out because I try to let the work on this first month's prompt guide me for my other projects.

This year the inspiration has been charging at me! My word is voice and already it's had some surprising impact.

Here's a look at how I've set up my album. I've gone with a monthly divider idea as Ali has in the official album but I'm using Project Life Design I cut down (removing the top pocket makes it 4x8 or 2 4x4 pockets. My intention is to use one of my self-portraits each month, since photography is there among my word and intentions.  Each month I'll use one of the many quotes I've already gathered. I love finding words that really speak to me and this one from the book Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert is no exception. I'm planning to put this one on my wall.

Because the tabs Ali used are not available in NZ and others are expensive and not my taste, I'm making my own. I posted a tutorial on how I do this here.

I'm also using the packaging sticker and cards which came with my Get To Work book in my album because they are great little inspirational fillers.

Lastly, I made a divider for the back of the album to keep any relevant inspiration I come across. There's already pages torn from a magazine and highlighted and words from a book which are meaningful. I love that it will all be housed in one place - a complete working manual.

Album is a 6x8 Becky Higgins Project Life album.

I hope you're making progress and a fresh start to the year!

Donna xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)